Start a new topic

DX2 smartwatch not connect to computer

Hi, I have been trying to connect my son's DX2 smart watch to the PC, even though it shows on the screen of the watch that it is "connecting...", then " charging...", but when I try to use the Vtech download center, it just said, no device is detected. 

3 people have this problem

Any help on this Alice? I've got the exact same problem

Did you manage to fix this problem? I have the exact same problem, Help please

I have the same problem where the watch will charge but will not be recognised as a drive. Please can we get assistance? 

I have exactly the same problem - my son's DX2 kidizoom watch connects then instantly goes to 'charging' mode.

I have a Macbook Pro with MacOS Catalina 10.15.4. I'm happy to help troubleshoot (I'm an IT professional) if anyone from VTech support would like to contact me..

Cheers,

Bandit

I have the same problem too. Dell desktop PC. Has anyone got this to work?

We solved this issue by using a different micro USB cable. Some USB appear to only be for power, while other supply power and data transfer.

1 person likes this

i did what you said i my vetch watchbut it did not work

Thanks to Mr. Spelunx, I was successful in connecting my DX2 to my MacBook Pro. I swapped my cord from a charging cable to one that does data transfer, and it connected without a problem.

1 person likes this

If you have the vtech cable that came with the watch, you will be successful. Ideally, you'll need a cable to do data transfer. 

I am using the cable that came with the DX2 but the learning lodge application says Vtech device not found. I am using macOS Catalina 10.15.7

I am using the cable that came with the DX2. macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Did you install the right learning lodge for your computer?

or you can use a different micro usb cable that connects to the watch.

umm can I update my VTech dx2 watch???

Login or Signup to post a comment